Friday 22 April 2016

Gears of War 4 BETA

There are no words to describe how excited I am about this game. And the beta as well.
Finally (took a while before I got the code!) I got to play it today. First impressions: I love it! It's muuch better than UE (which isn't very hard to achieve, but still). I liked the movements and the smoothness. You can kill people with the gnasher in this one. 
We are only shown three maps and three game modes. No problem (although, I probably will get bored of this Beta and go back to Gow3 shortly). I really enjoyed Foundation and Harbour (love the graphics in the latter, with the waves pouring in, gonna be brilliant), however I did'n't like Dam much at all. Not sure why though, Harbour was almost as open as that one, but still. You couldn't choose your character, but I couldn't care less (if I can't be my Dom, I have no preference).
Oh, what joy to discover that in your very first game you get beat down twice and get three kills stolen. Last note: The dropshot?! Bloody hell. Haven't figured out how to work that one yet. Also, the new mantle kick-thing (dragging someone over to you instead of jumping over to him/her) looks exciting. Haven't done one myself yet, but I saw people do it, looks like fun :P

No comments:

Post a Comment