Sunday 6 September 2015

The first week with Gears of War: Ultimate Edition


Yes, I know that the game was actually released on Friday last week, but since I got it on the Saturday (and it took like a day to install) I'm gonna say that it's been a week from today!

How are my thoughts on the game? Well, it's Gears of War, I automatically love it. Even though I must have played the campaign in the very first game about 10 times, it was a while ago now and I just looved to play it remastered, it's so beautiful! :') Me and my friend in armour Hallinskioi played through the entire campaign in a day, on insane, and it was a lot of fun. The added chapters were great, very hard (oh, what a suiting title on act IV: "Comedy of Errors"), but sweet with new missions on an already beloved game!

People have raged much more than me (I am very forgiving when it comes to the Gears-series), but here are the things that have bugged me:
¤ The unregularity when it comes to the gnasher. Sometimes you get a headshot from 6 feet, and other times you put three shots into the players chest with no effect what so ever (as can be demonstrated in the clip below at 1:44 and 2:12). Which brings me to my next point:
¤ It's impossible to kill a downed enemy with one shot, at least close range! It shouldn't be that hard, really. But yes, it takes (at least) two. (see 00:59, 2:58)
¤ The weapons respawning so fast. How come you have a boomshot when I still have a shot left? I liked the idea that you could "hog" a weapon from the other team in Gears of War 3, or at least that it takes a while before it comes back. Now it's just snipers everywhere.
¤ The melee is far to OP, come one people, if I had to stop using the chainsaw and start with the gnasher, then you have to as well!
¤ I miss ghost cam (yes, I spend a lot of time watching others when I'm dead..) :'(
¤ Whyy does the Hammer of Dawn have unlimited ammo, who thought of that??

Anyway, here's a few clips from the first week, overall I love the game (even though my K/D score must be just awful ^^), but I miss Gears of War 3, might go back to that after this weekend of double XP ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment